Official Battle Tanks Community
How about a 2nd BT tournament - Printable Version

+- Official Battle Tanks Community (https://btanks.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Competition & Tournaments (https://btanks.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+--- Forum: Battle Tanks Tournament (https://btanks.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+--- Thread: How about a 2nd BT tournament (/showthread.php?tid=2950)

Pages: 1 2 3

How about a 2nd BT tournament - olivercamel - 2011-11-22

Hi,

This thread is started to see if there are still people interested in a 2nd Battle Tanks Tournament (BTT, probably will be named BTT2012 if happens).

In the summer 2010, we had a BTT2010. That was the 1st official BT tournament. 15 teams (100+ players) from EU, US and Asia signed up for it. 30 excited games were played. The winner prize was delivered. Overall the BTT2010 was very successful, although we had some small arguments about the dc issues and some players came late for the game etc. But most players enjoyed it I believe.

Since then there were people saying they hope to have a 2nd BTT, and there were even posts in this forum for this topic. But unfortunately I didn't have enough time to organize a BTT --- not until NOW. Now I am almost sure I will have some free time until the next February/March 2012, so I could try to organize a 2nd BTT. If everything goes well, maybe we could have something fun to discuss during Christmas and new year.

--------------------------

OK, first and most important thing is about whether or not we can collect enough players to join. As everyone know that the BT community and actually the whole war3 community are shrinking. There were many old pro BT players and clans become inactive. It makes no sense to start a so-called "official" tournament with only several teams. (I hope we can make 16 teams, or at least 8)

So I started this thread with polls, to get an idea whether or not we should proceed the BTT2012. Please vote for it! Thanks! If we can get enough supports, like about 15+ people willing to join. We will go on and make the 2nd btt happen. Otherwise we will stop right here.

--------------------------

Some primary ideas about BTT2012, if it happens.
1. We hope it is better or at least as good as BTT2010. We will use the successful experiences from last BTT.
2. This BTT is also official. (haven't talked to exo, but i guess this shouldn't be a problem). It is official means it is organized/discussed in this forum; it will have a formal announcement in the loading screen; and the winner team (maybe players as well) will be displayed in the forum and the bt map loading screen. This is a big honer!
3. It will have money as prize like last time. Planning about 100 EUR for each player of the 1st team. Btw, no entry fee of course.
4. This time it will be 3v3 but not 5v5. 3v3 makes the team smaller. It benefits from many aspects: (a) as the BT players are less than before, small team helps to make enough teams; (b) the game goes much faster in 3v3, so we can have more games like Best-of-3; (.c) 3 players in a team is much easier to make/organize, it would be so sad that you cannot find 2 buddies to form a team with you, isn't it? Also the team leader only need to get 2 guys to come on the game day. (d) 3v3 in BT is also fun. there are many options like 1 player each lane and 1 mid, or 1 player for 2 lanes and 2 mid. 3v3 makes people to run for the whole map, while 5v5 it is often to have a 1v1 at lane for half a hour.
5. We hope to start formally collect team asap. And start the tournament in late January or early February.
6. We will have only 1 referee per game, and referees are allow to play as well.

Above gives some primary ideas about the BTT, many details have to be discussed/decided later.

But for now, let's just see if there are people still want a BTT.

Thanks for the voting! comments are also welcome.

More info about BTT2010 see the old posts:
http://btanks.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=35
http://btanks.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=701

RE: How about a 2nd BT tournament - LoveComesAgain - 2011-11-23

i was thinking about this tooSmile

RE: How about a 2nd BT tournament - LIoOoOoIL - 2011-11-23

jo oli, how i already spoken with u, im of course in (lend as helping hand or also join a team)
at first i just hope there is enough feedback to start a second btt.
And if we really should get enough ppl, im still for a 4on4 tournament, cause in my mind, 4on4 is much more requested/interesting than a 3on3 tournament.
But of course a bit harder to organize, how u already argumented.

anyway, thx and greetz

RE: How about a 2nd BT tournament - Exodus - 2011-11-23

You got our complete support for this tournament, oli.

RE: How about a 2nd BT tournament - Althend - 2011-11-23

You have my support as whatever (referee, winner, corrupter, cheater, drophack user) ^__^

I agree with Alex about 4v4 (but it makes it more hard to organize). But 3v3 would a bit spread the "alpha "players :o

I feel that btt2012 would be much more unbalanced thatn the 2010Confused

RE: How about a 2nd BT tournament - Velocity2k - 2011-11-23

Also full support from my side! And with gproxy the problem of disconnects could be reduced Smile.

RE: How about a 2nd BT tournament - daminator3 - 2011-11-23

Me and my brother Alexandro will play for sure and im for 4vs4 games. In 3vs3 mid player is much to fed on creeps and the team play in early game will be reduce.

RE: How about a 2nd BT tournament - daCe - 2011-11-23

i like too watch the replays.5v5 Best.4v4 is ok.3v3 =/

RE: How about a 2nd BT tournament - El_Polacco - 2011-11-23

Imho the next forthcoming BTT should be based on random teams with the drawing systems.
To prevent imbalanced teams should be done seedings according to 1-5 pool systems is done in many team sport competitions
It is working on definite rankings then we will use the league ELO ranking

For now there are a few overpowered clans which would be so hard to face them.
Some people like me would be supposed to ask random guys to arrange team then its gonna be fast defeat from tour.

I'm betting some of you will disapprove my solution but it's just a suggestionSmile What do you think about itBig Grin?

RE: How about a 2nd BT tournament - Prog - 2011-11-23

I'll support as well.

I also agree on 4v4 instead of 3v3. I don't like these games with 1v1 in middle, in which players get too fed in comparison to the side lanes.

RE: How about a 2nd BT tournament - FirePhoenix - 2011-11-23

Like the other guys have said a 4vs4 tournament is much more better than a 3v3...
And I will probably come back to BT for this tournamentSmile

RE: How about a 2nd BT tournament - olivercamel - 2011-11-23

OK. Because so many people want 4v4, the next BTT (if happens) will be 4v4 but not 3v3.

(2011-11-23, 13:35:09)WannaMakeUSweat Wrote: Imho the next forthcoming BTT should be based on random teams with the drawing systems.
To prevent imbalanced teams should be done seedings according to 1-5 pool systems is done in many team sport competitions
It is working on definite rankings then we will use the league ELO ranking

For now there are a few overpowered clans which would be so hard to face them.
Some people like me would be supposed to ask random guys to arrange team then its gonna be fast defeat from tour.

I'm betting some of you will disapprove my solution but it's just a suggestionSmile What do you think about itBig Grin?

1. Technically random team is much harder to organize. At least the organizer has to assign the team, and deals with the arguments about "why you make teams like this." Our people/time/resources are limited. So we have to try to do everything in a simpler way.

2. Not everyone plays BT League, so they have no ELO. Like some Asian players, they have too high latency to play league.

3. ELO system is not perfect. It is possible a good player can have low ELO. So by following this system we are not guaranteed to have a fully balanced team match.

4. BT is a game about team play. With the people you know and trust, the teamwork will be much better than some random guys. BT tournament is a place to preset best games, both personal skills and teamworks. So it won't be random teams.

5. I am aware that for single players who doesn't play this game often will be hard to find skilled mates. But maybe you can already start to look for some. Just speak to the good players in the league games, and invite them to your team. After some trainings, it will work.

Hope I explained enough.

You can always join an active clan. People would be glad to play/mock/test/pee with youBig Grin

The elo doesn't mean much ^__^

Elo doesn't mean much.
Any old clan player can get top 10. It is all bout following some recipe to carry the game!

RE: How about a 2nd BT tournament - gozo1985 - 2011-11-23

is it also possible to do kind of a ladder for teams? becouse team ELO makes much more sense in a team based game than singleplayer ELOsWink

RE: How about a 2nd BT tournament - Alexandro - 2011-11-23

Ofc I'm interested in it too! I hope we will manage to make 16 teams in the same system as in 2010:)

RE: How about a 2nd BT tournament - FirePhoenix - 2011-11-23

Btw how many players can a team have

RE: How about a 2nd BT tournament - olivercamel - 2011-11-23

@Alexandro
I am thinking about a different system, not the double elimination like last time, but a system makes more games for each team.
Currently I am thinking something like the football world cup system. 4 teams in a group, and top 2 teams go to next phase, which will be single elimination at the 2nd phase.

But i do hope we can get 16 teams.

@FirePhoenix
If 4v4, we will allow max 5 players in a team. Only 1 people as backup.
Last time we allow 8, which turned out the number is too much, not everyone is active enough.
Also I don't want to give prize to someone who played just 1 game.

RE: How about a 2nd BT tournament - Alexandro - 2011-11-23

Ok i understand Oli. 9 votes for the tournamet 0 against, it is a good forecast:)

(2011-11-23, 17:14:44)olivercamel Wrote: If 4v4, we will allow max 5 players in a team. Only 1 people as backup.
Last time we allow 8, which turned out the number is too much, not everyone is active enough.
Also I don't want to give prize to someone who played just 1 game.

Angel

RE: How about a 2nd BT tournament - progg - 2011-11-23

1. I think 4v4 would be better.
2. I also think that there should be 64 players (maybe 48?) willing to play in tournament.
3. I agree with Althend this torunamnet can be imba. Would be nice to find some solution to prevent more than 2 "alpha players" playing in same team. Otherwise it will be like primera division - 2 interesting teams and rest sux.