Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Air Mode
Can we implement something like that? No air tanks buyable.

It would forbid Sky fortress in 1on1 games ond maybe some tanks can be seen, which usally are not played because air is too mobile.
Random Player
- noob, nobody, medium, pro - we will see what happens ^^
Air pays for their mobility with less HP. They have 4/5 of the HP a ground tank would have. Sky fortress isn't an issue in 1v1 games anymore, it no longer cuts off weapons. What tanks other than earth, shredder, and frost tanks are not seen? I haven't seen a ghost tank nor a hunter in a while, but they are pretty good tanks.

Anyway, this could work, but it wouldn't be popular.
And of course there should be the corresponding inverse option - only air tanksSmile

Poll?
Double Post
There was such an option in older versions... We are going back in time i think. Big Grin
Demon is a good counter vs air. And Frost Robot is also good. But some tanks sux vs air. Demo, Earth, Ghost, Titan. I can remember those now..
You can always use nets to hold them. And they are easier to kill then other tanks when they are on ground.
But a "No Air" mode wont be popular imo.
And you can always buy the same tank as enemy can in 1v1. And in 5v5 variaty is better then same kind of tank.
Trolololo
Interesting idea! Although, for the issues you've suggested perhaps a mid only mode for the 1v1 situations or nerfing the sky fort ulti would be better solutions.
1. I just suggest a mode, not a fix of airtanks or soWink

2. 4/5HP is nearly nothing if the airtank and ground tank use a gold hulls (eg. airship and thunder tank) because the 5.000 HP are not affected by the 80%rule

3. Nets are good but can hurt ground tanks as well. If you used a net and kill an air tank you need 200 Gold per net. If you didnt manage to kill, maybe because airtank got teleporter and away you loose 200 gold even for a try.

In midgame Airships with not the biggest Equipment give about 300 Gold Bounty. if you need about 1.5 Nets for a kill all the bounty "you" get is 0 Gold !!! Sometimes really annoying, because no "infinite Netlauncher exists"
I one time bought 3nets - and the enemies go after demon Tongue - so i sold nets and lost 300 Gold ^^

(pls dont tell me nets are the "wonder weapon" in midgameSmile )
Random Player
- noob, nobody, medium, pro - we will see what happens ^^

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Qualify (ranked?) game mode Max 1 3,249 2014-04-16, 21:53:51
Last Post: RaptorXI
  Weapon Mode Change UnifiedDoom 7 8,603 2013-01-07, 10:46:27
Last Post: 091846
  Promote a new mode for fun! Smell.No.Evil 1 2,277 2012-04-01, 22:59:46
Last Post: AeroniumX
  Free mode bot. progg 10 8,068 2011-11-18, 11:03:24
Last Post: RikonVan
  Request new mode: Hardcore Btanks :D / how to increase teamplay Althend 6 10,134 2011-06-28, 05:41:32
Last Post: UnifiedDoom