Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How about a new Vehicle?!
In my opinion, there is a need for a new Air Vehicle, this should be placed between the Infernal and Titan. Here is my Idea, and corections from your side are welcome.

Basic Abilities:
Armor: 12-16
Speed: 275
Basic HP: 17000 - 22000 (increases like Infernal)

Special Abilities:

1. Hellfire Rockets:
Type: Areal damage (Rocket Storm)
Fire-Range: 800
Level 1: 1000dmg | effective diameter 300
Level 2: 1200dmg | effective diameter +8%
Level 3: 1400dmg | effective diameter +8%
Level 4: 1600dmg | effective diameter +8%
Level 5: 2000dmg | no Range up

2. Stealth-Mode
Type: no detection by Radar
Level 1: 1.2sec
Level 2: 1.5sec
Level 3: 1.8sec
Level 4: 2.1sec
Level 5: 2.5sec

or

2. Afterburn
Type: Speed Boost (sudden Speedboost allthough you have 450 speed]
Level 1: +25 boost | sudden boost 5% for 1.5sec by clicking
Level 2: +25 boost | sudden boost 5% for 3.0sec by clicking
Level 3: +25 boost | sudden boost 5% for 4.5sec by clicking
Level 4: +25 boost | sudden boost 5% for 6.0sec by clicking
Level 5: +25 boost | sudden boost 10% for 7.0sec by clicking

3. Bunker Buster Bomb:
Type: only Attacks Buildings
Range: 150
Level 1: 1500dmg | 2.0% chance to destroy a "Tower" with 1 shot
Level 2: 2000dmg | 3.5% chance to destroy a "Tower" with 1 shot
Level 3: 2700dmg | 5.0% chance to destroy a "Tower" with 1 shot
Level 4: 3500dmg | 6.5% chance to destroy a "Tower" with 1 shot
Level 5: 5000dmg | 7.5% chance to destroy a "Tower" with 1 shot

4. Sidewinder Rocket
Type: Attacks Ground/Air Units
Range: 2200
Level 1: 1150dmg
Level 2: 1400dmg
Level 3: 1650dmg
Level 4: 1900dmg
Level 5: 2000dmg | range 1800 but 5% change to do 1.7 x dmg

5. Mother of all Bombs
Type: Areal damage (Level 10 ability)
Fire-Range: 175
Level 1: 1500dmg | effective diameter 500
Level 2: 2000dmg | effective diameter 750
Level 3: 2500dmg | effective diameter 1000
Level 4: 3000dmg | effective diameter 1250
Level 5: 4000dmg | effective diameter 1400

And remember, this is only an idea, so please keep cool and don't kill me :wink:
1. seems ok -more or less-
2. first: stealth modus for best air? well... no way... ^^
2. other: would be nice
3. instant kill for tower? way to imba, maybe a chance to do twice damage.
4. against single target? then more damage, against all in range? then less range (about 600)
5. fine with this one

anyway, nice ideas ;-)
Not yet totally dead, you can find the Team and possibly new and old Players on our new Discord Server. Join by this Instant Invite: https://discord.gg/FbbGbHj
in my opinion it is a good idea to add a new air tank.but this air tank should be lower than infernal and titan because air is always more flexible and faster and an air tank that is better than infernal would be just imba ! and you have to add fair cost for that tank.. usually you pay 1000gold for 1000hp and at air this relation should be changed.. 1000gold for 800hp ! thats only my preposition
4. Sidewinder Rockets
Type: Attacks Ground/Air Units
Range: Attacks all units in an effective diameter 950
Level 1: 1000dmg
Level 2: 1250dmg
Level 3: 1500dmg
Level 4: 1750dmg
Level 5: 2000dmg | effective diameter 875 but 7.5% change to do 1.7 x dmg

better this way?

And maybe you can send some edited abilities yourself.
And remember, if this vehicle has no Speed-Boost, it is a very slow air vehicle.
But your idea for HP:Gold looks very nice, i would include it!
There is a Tank idea thread, but it out of the list now, and you're new in forum so I understand why you made a new thread.

If there would be added a strong air tank, I think it should not cost more than 13500, with about 10500 hp. Perhaps somewhere about 10000-13500 gold cost if there is to be added a new and stronger air tank. Problem now is, that there is no good enough models that is satisfying enough. I use a barge like undead air tank with wings model in my mod, but it doesn't seem the mappers like that model, also cuz it look way to similar to sky tank. Also I found a flying orc barge at hiveworkshop, but it looks way to nimble to be a strong air tank.

If such thing should appear, it skills should be awesome.

Der Willy Wrote:And remember, this is only an idea, so please keep cool and don't kill me

Let me join this fun, by saying something.... ^^

Fiery Bombs (Q)

Fires multiple dropping lava bombs that explodes on impact on enemies or explodes when it hit the ground about 800 range ahead. (Using dummy projectile; projectile code). Each bomb does 800 damage and lit the ground for a few seconds... Those bombs does fire spread, so each level increase the area of spray cover also.
Can miss target

Level 1: 1 Lava bomb
Level 1: 2 Lava bombs
Level 1: 3 Lava bombs
Level 1: 4 Lava bombs
Level 1: 5 Lava bombs

Star bays (W)

Releasing strong fighter to battle your enemies. Each fight can be hit by your enemy weapons fire and can take some hits, but they also does have heavy armament. 1100 AOE. (Using random dummy instant movement system, removed locust ability, the phönix fire ability makes them fire)

Starfighter
HP: 2000 (+ defense upgrades)
Weapon 1: plasma gun, 60 dmg, 1.5 sec cooldown, 80 dps
Weapon 2: plasma gun, 60 dmg, 1.5 sec cooldown, 80 dps
Armor: 1
Speed 420
(weapons does have levels, so they get stronger for each attack upgrade)

Level 1: 2 Starfighters
Level 2: 4 Starfighters
Level 3: 6 Starfighters
Level 4: 8 Starfighters
Level 5: 10 Starfighters

Jet propulsion (E)

30 speed pr level

MOAB (R)

I did like Der Willy's suggestion

OR

Charged Core Beam (R)

Fires a strong laserbeam (Multiple projectiles system) on aimed direction. When you choose the skill, you open (a spellbook menu) with 2 choices. First is arial beam, only meant to hit air, and the second fires the beam from your position and stops on ground at selected area. Common with these is than they do small AOE dmg on impact. Does major damage. 400 dmg per beam. Half dmg on structures.
Manually aim, may miss

Level 1: 8 Beam length (8 beams)
Level 2: 10 Beam length
Level 3: 12 Beam length
Level 4: 14 Beam length
Level 5: 16 Beam length

I don't have any other ideas about ulti...

So this is what I had in mind... so far...
Sry for the new thread. I've known that there was a thread but i haven't found it :oops:
But as you see TKF, the abilities that this Vehicle has, orientate themselves as far as possible to real air Vehicles.

Hellfire Rockets -> Gunship (Helicopter)
Stealth Mode -> Stealth Bombers like "JSF F-35"
Afterburn -> Most Warplanes
Bunker Buster -> Stealth Bomber "F-117 Nighthawk"
Sidewinder Rockets -> US Warplanes
MOAB -> "B2 Spirit"

As you see, i think that some abilities fit to real weapons would be nice Big Grin

And how about this Vehicle: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/models/3352/
MOAB: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/models/3414/
Der Willy Wrote:[blablabla... all the weapons...]

As you see, i think that some abilities fit to real weapons would be niceBig Grin
About Battle Tanks....

Tanks...
You see, Battle Tanks doesn't aim for such direct realism. Well not at least the tank models. It must look warcraft like if you know what I mean. And that is very rare and hard to find them.

Abilities...
The abilities could have realistic features, as long they are good and cool in battle tanks. It is possible to enlarge the ingame rocket model, and enlarge it to make a large rocket like ability. For example sidewinder rockets, Hellfire rocket...

About importing...

Mappers will rather not import effects and different things in Battle Tanks. It will increase it size. If they gonna have a new tank, it must have as small size as possible. Preferable below 100kb unpacked.

Der Willy Wrote:And how about this Vehicle: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/models/3352/
MOAB: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/models/3414/

About the flying shredder, I don't know if it looks way to similar to the ingame shredder (But I haven't taken a closer look on it yet...). But it has only 50kb, so the model size is excellent for being a model. To bad it wasn't a different air plane/tank model...

MOAB could use ingame explosives effects, instead of importing one... Well the one you found is only 2kb, so it barely is noticable.
Hmmmm, I think, an answer from the Map-Makers would be nice :mrgreen:
well i suggested a more expensive air tank before, too, and its failed mostly because of lacking a suitable model...

i dont know why an expensive air tank would be imba. is the goblin zeppelin imba in comparison with the ghost tank or other tanks in this price class?

but one way to balance is to set the speed very low, so it cant reach the 450 speed with his skills/items.

i`d appriciate a now, more expensive air tank, but a suitable model should be found before.

this is to remind my idea: Sky Fortress

so far
:wink:
i would also like a new air tank but i have a further suggestion, i would make him rather strong, but rather slow too. Because a too strong and too fast airunit would be able to escape titan and Infernal and because of the strengh of the ship it could destroy the whole base without problems. Thats why i would suggest to that for a good speed a speed item is nessessary like the one in the base for 1500 gold
That would at least reduce the weaponslots for this new airship.
The thing is that the current air tank does actually have about 20% less hp than the current price, cuz they have speed and mobility. (exception, 10% for heli)

If a air tank would be slow, it has less hp handicap for less speed. For example a 220 speed sky fortress have 13000 hp and costs 13000. I don't know how the mappers balance air vehicles, but the thing is; if the sky fortress is very slow, it probably have more hp OR a bit more powerful skills to compensate for speed loss.
I think that here a little problem can happen, that if this tank only has 220 start speed without speed ability (or 250) an Frosttank for 13.000K with frost aura; or infernal with 300 initial speed - easy catch up to that tank (infernal has teleport stun also ^^)

If you say it buys speed for 1500, the infernal or frost Tank can buy speed, too ^^.

Another Problem, which maybe balance this Air Tank a bit is, that, correct me if Im wrong, none of the Ability´s meant before has STUN, so you cant hold an enemy tank Big Grin .
Random Player
- noob, nobody, medium, pro - we will see what happens ^^
Gammagulp Wrote:I think that here a little problem can happen, that if this tank only has 220 start speed without speed ability (or 250) an Frosttank for 13.000K with frost aura; or infernal with 300 initial speed - easy catch up to that tank (infernal has teleport stun also ^^)

If you say it buys speed for 1500, the infernal or frost Tank can buy speed, too ^^.

You have a good point there. If there is going to added a new super air tank, it will have serious problem with outrunning frost and infernals, as well as being a slow air tank. I think 270-280 would be good enough. I also think jet propulsion skill is necessary for all air tanks.

But there will not be added a new air tank as far as I know. It exist no models that is satisfactory for bob and exodus. They prefer a low size model. Map does already have a unpleasant high size, about 444kb. They have a "low size map as possible policy". Well titan was a good choice since it's only 55kb. I don't know if they did import the portrait file as well.

Gammagulp Wrote:Another Problem, which maybe balance this Air Tank a bit is, that, correct me if Im wrong, none of the Ability´s meant before has STUN, so you cant hold an enemy tank Big Grin .

Air tanks doesn't have stun, otherwise they would been way to imba. That's out of question. Helicopter is the only exception...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Vehicle: Mimic Tank Der Willy 10 5,910 2009-08-21, 19:27:50
Last Post: TKF
  Weapons with vehicle only AntiLEGION 5 3,228 2008-09-20, 11:47:37
Last Post: AntiLEGION