Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multiple Guards
We tried 2 Guards vs. 5 Bots which was a very easy win.
We just rooted close to each other and used heal or released creeps when health was getting low.

Do rooted Guards heal each other? And has anybody tried this in a game without bots (e.g. 5 Guards vs. 5 other tanks)?
(2011-08-09, 15:06:24)-=SIP=- Wrote: We tried 2 Guards vs. 5 Bots which was a very easy win.
We just rooted close to each other and used heal or released creeps when health was getting low.

Do rooted Guards heal each other? And has anybody tried this in a game without bots (e.g. 5 Guards vs. 5 other tanks)?

1st: You can beat bots hands down with any tank and any number. The less ppl you are, the easier it is, because you get more starting gold.

2nd: No, rooted guards don't heal each other. This has been removed for some time already. Read changelog for stuf like thatWink

3rd: Guard sucksWink The biggest problem with guard is probably it's price, which makes it unatractive for skilled players. You can already get an airship for less gold, or a heavy for more - both beat guard hands down because of mobility.

If you break down the guards skills:

- root -> regen - pretty useless, as the guard isn't able to escape fast enough as soon as it's rooted, so the heal won't prevent it from getting farmed. Your guard will either have long range, in which case it will get poisonporter farmed, or short range, in which case it will get farmed by someone with more range.
- spawn treants - ghost tank costs less and is superior in using troops
- group heal - rather nice actually, but it's rather seldom that you actually save someone with heal, as it's more than often either too late or not enough heal
- root - probably the most useful skill of the guard, but, normally the duration will only get useful after the other team already has frost or hunter, which both will pawn your guard.

My suggestion: forget about guard, and watch how good players play in terms of what they buy and when they buy it (e.g. which tank / equipment)

Getting used to the Sand everywhere. At least it brings us map updates.
(2011-08-09, 18:35:10)griffin1987 Wrote:
(2011-08-09, 15:06:24)-=SIP=- Wrote: We tried 2 Guards vs. 5 Bots which was a very easy win.

1st: You can beat bots hands down with any tank and any number. The less ppl you are, the easier it is, because you get more starting gold.

2nd: No, rooted guards don't heal each other. This has been removed for some time already. Read changelog for stuf like thatWink

3rd: Guard sucksWink The biggest problem with guard is probably it's price, which makes it unatractive for skilled players. You can already get an airship for less gold, or a heavy for more - both beat guard hands down because of mobility.

If you break down the guards skills:

- root -> regen - pretty useless, as the guard isn't able to escape fast enough as soon as it's rooted, so the heal won't prevent it from getting farmed. Your guard will either have long range, in which case it will get poisonporter farmed, or short range, in which case it will get farmed by someone with more range.
- spawn treants - ghost tank costs less and is superior in using troops
- group heal - rather nice actually, but it's rather seldom that you actually save someone with heal, as it's more than often either too late or not enough heal
- root - probably the most useful skill of the guard, but, normally the duration will only get useful after the other team already has frost or hunter, which both will pawn your guard.

My suggestion: forget about guard, and watch how good players play in terms of what they buy and when they buy it (e.g. which tank / equipment)

Griffin, you say shit. All pro knows Guard is imba but few people can play it ^__^

I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
Althend is right. Guard's healing spell is really good and the ult is imba for a 5k tank.

It is the only mid tier tank with a mass disable (think about it's potential when taking a point, or jumping an entire team that's retreating), and is pretty much as effective as hunters. Sure, hunter's has a bigger radius and pulls units together to the center (so more dmg for orbital) but you cannot teleport out of guard's ult, while you can for hunter's orbital. This means guard's ult is potentially more lethal than hunters.

Root/regen spell is useless? It's pretty useful when you are defending cps and taking cps. The constant hp heal + healing spell pretty much gives your entire team 2x as much hp as it would have.
what do you mean with hunter's orbital.... ulti? u can port out of that?
btw i prefer hunterSmile

(2011-08-11, 14:53:41)Tez.Sick Wrote: what do you mean with hunter's orbital.... ulti? u can port out of that?
btw i prefer hunterSmile

When hunter shoot his ulti, you can teleport out before it lands on you ^__^

I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
ahhhh sure ^^ before u got stuck into ulti u can port outSmile
damn i hate those people! stop porting out of my ulti !
Big Grin

Get infernal rocks and noone will port out of your ultimate.

(but we get off topic)
its even possible to port out if you stay exactly in the mid of hunters ultimate.
its like the eye of the storm wehre you are not affected by the stun.
The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

StarCraft II: Aggi, Charcode: 110
steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198002344056
League of Legends: Agginator

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question about items that attack multiple units Effess 6 7,008 2010-10-05, 17:54:37
Last Post: AGGInator