Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[All versions] CP TP and Teleport Beacon
Hi all. Because I noticed several strange behaviours with the Teleport Beacon, I did some tests today and this is what I did find out. Note that this issue is around since the implementation of Teleport Beacon!

First of all, these are the areas I will refer to:

• Porting AWAY from the CP is possible in the areas A and B (and this is how it should be), but in area A it will cost 75 gold but it should not, as it is the case in B! Also the beacon cooldown gets only triggered when porting from area B.
  • Porting TO the CP is possible in A, B and C (which should only be A and B). Also here, porting is only free when porting to B. To A and C will cost you 75 gold. B and C triggers beacon cooldown.

In the past I also noticed several times that when enemies build a beacon, more than one of them are able to port there in like 1 second. I think this issue is related to the one above but I could not test it due to the lack of testers...

Next big issue with CPTP ability (I think I have posted this some time ago): When using CPTP ability, but the target disappears (CP was taken, beacon was destroyed/got activated by someone else and is in cooldown) while casting, still you will pay 75 gold and CPTP cooldown gets triggered. This is not ok because you get nothing, pay for it and then even can't try again cause of cooldown!

Greetings, ssl.

Feedback very welcome!
Port costs are only depends from the target, it will be only for free close to a beacon, else it will cost 75 gold.

You can always port to an beacon (of your team), there is no need for an CP close by.
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
(2012-07-30, 16:05:52)eSVau Wrote: Port costs are only depends from the target, it will be only for free close to a beacon, else it will cost 75 gold.

You can always port to an beacon (of your team), there is no need for an CP close by.

First statement is just not true. Why is it then free to port from area B away?

To the second statement: Yes, but I see a beacon next to a CP as an upgrade to that CP. It can't be the conclusion that you have to always care that you are in B when porting to/from CP!
Also the issue with aborted CPTP and the possibility for more than one tank to port to beacon in short time is open. Perhaps I should have created a single thread for each of the three issues here.
Beacon is still bugged. Today i had 2 situation when i couldn't port to beacon made by tech mech. I tried to port. I didn't port (noone else did!) and i had tp cooldown.
It happened twice.
Well, here are some infos regarding the Teleport Beacon.

First, when porting away from a CP, a Beacon is never involved. A Beacon does not increase the area you can teleport from, it does not grant a free teleport and it also won't get triggered, no matter from which area you do it.

You are right, when you assume that the Beacon is an upgrade to the CP. But the thing is, you can't just build Beacons near CPs, you can build them everywhere! (except the enemy base and Trade Master of course). So it has been implemented, that the Beacon acts as a CP itself, when teleporting to it.
Also, one idea was, to make the Beacon also valuable in non-conquer situations, that's why it also grants the free CPTP in the overlapping area. Also might be interesting: the trigger checks if a valid CPTP target and a Beacon are within range of the target point of your CPTP. This means you'll also get a free CPTP, when you build a Beacon right next to a Factory.

I guess I could change it in a way, that the free CPTP is granted in areas A and B, to make it less confusing for the players.

Also, triggered cooldown and gold costs without an actual teleport should never happen, you are right. I'll take a look at the trigger again.

@progg: I'd need a replay for that.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
Is it just me but i still find 2 people can tp at the time to beacons at time with out the cooldown,

Secondly how you land outside a cp from a beacon when there is space to land in cp

Hey exo i have a few queries but i can't explain them on here any chance of ts?
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM
@eSVau: I'm sorry, I just retested it and you were correct, porting away never is free.

@Exodus: Yes, I know you can build beacons on every tower ruin, but you might know that this is nearly never used. And I still think that the logic of the beacon at a CP should be slightly different, as most people interpret it as an upgrade to the CP, not a beacon near to it, so I suggest merging the ranges of the beacon and the CP when built near to it. Perhaps you can also apply this logic to the case where a beacon is built next to a factory in some arbitary range.

And there is still the bug with multiple enemies porting to a beacon in short time, I'll save the next replay where I observe this!

@Bennie: I did raise these exact issues in my postWink
Sorry, replay isn't available. I'll remember about that for future.
here is a replay look up at around 1:30 +- 1 min yellow and me (1-2 sec later) tp to mid cp yellow in "B" area and me in "C" area

Attached Files
.w3g   Replay_2012_08_26_1353.w3g (Size: 2.88 MB / Downloads: 363)
At 27:00 min you can see, that i teleport 1 seconds after my teammates teleport to a teleportbeacon at a enemy cp. Ignore my Multikill Cool

Attached Files
.w3g   TeleportBeacon.w3g (Size: 1.49 MB / Downloads: 358)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not able to teleport at some locations ssl 4 4,929 2012-08-26, 15:50:07
Last Post: Crag_Hack
  [8.74] Triple rocket trail after Teleport. Bug? AeroniumX 3 4,164 2012-04-01, 23:06:03
Last Post: AeroniumX
  [8.73] beacon teleporting Helge_F 10 9,240 2011-08-08, 02:20:43
Last Post: toyboatt
  Beacon Still Bugged toyboatt 2 3,307 2011-06-03, 01:02:04
Last Post: Exodus
  still problems with beacon/barri at cps Helge_F. 5 5,235 2011-04-01, 19:05:48
Last Post: TKF