Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
exploder penalty bug / ChiefSlapAHo kicked me out of senseless malice when i was 27-5
The title pretty much says it all. I went exploder at 7:00 and this guy assumed I was a noob and started flaming me. My penalty increased as I killed myself in my explosions. By the time I was 27-5, he was able to kick me with no additional votes required. I'm just messing around with exploder strats trying to have some fun to get my stay ratio up (my internet was recently bad) for ranked, and now I've been set way back. If you can remove that game from my stats, that would be nice.

The bug, of course, is that self-kills should not count towards your kick-ability. 27-5 and one vote required for kick? Really.

If you want to remove explosion packs again, fine. But in the meantime, I should be allowed to play with them (competently, I might add), without senseless reprisal by clueless people.

Replay attached.

Thank youSmile

Attached Files
.w3g   LastReplay.w3g (Size: 1.37 MB / Downloads: 345)
i also saw that some guys need 3 votes for kick but after the kicktime elapsed they got kicked and the text was something like: votes 1 needed -1 .
is that wanted ?
~=| LuVs |=~
(2013-01-14, 15:18:34)ICE2607 Wrote: i also saw that some guys need 3 votes for kick but after the kicktime elapsed they got kicked and the text was something like: votes 1 needed -1 .
is that wanted ?

It's not.

To the report itself, I have to say: it's not a bug, it's a feature.

The reason is this: even when you denied your opponents the gold for your kill, you still might harm your team in a way with it. So I wanted to still have an option to enable the team to kick such a player.
So, instead of "fixing" this by not giving any penalties for selfkills, I'll rather lower the "value" of the death, so you'll need about two times as much selfkills to get a penalty. To me, this is a better solution.

PS: I don't count selfkills as deaths on the scoreboard anymore, just so Exploders don't look as bad as they used to, so people would be less inclined to actually try to kick that player. Apparently, this didn't work.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Exploder desync. dyablo_r 2 2,629 2010-05-12, 20:49:46
Last Post: Velocity2k
  [8.67b] Explosives in no-exploder Prog 2 2,578 2009-12-26, 10:52:26
Last Post: Paladon
  8.66 Exploder Lezowski 7 5,223 2009-12-06, 22:27:43
Last Post: Paladon
  [8.60] Bug exploder - Get multikills with teamkill turbojonny 3 2,854 2009-05-30, 10:33:17
Last Post: turbojonny
  Exploder- bug on 8.59 ? Orthodox 10 6,591 2009-05-24, 10:09:24
Last Post: Orthodox