Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Factory limit
Hi,

In this game it's obvious, and even if I try to explain him why, grey doesn't listen and keep his 3 factories in base. Which is stupid because 2 waves of creeps are enough to go threw food limit and then his creeps cannot hold enemies creeps.

That's why, because it's not the first time I see that, I would suggest to limit to 1 the number of factories a player can buy. Is it possible to do something like that?

Replay joined.

Cheers,

Max.

Attached Files
.w3g   LastReplay.w3g (Size: 4.28 MB / Downloads: 183)
You have my support on this one Max!

Maybe a limit of 2 Factories?
I like to play.
Don't like this in the form you suggested it (but I understand and support the Idea behind it). Would totally kill some tactics (like my pocket factory tactic I've been doing for nearly 4 years now).

But I'd vote for a slightly modified version of this, one of:

a) Limit number of facs which can be upped to troop facs, e.g. you may get 3 facs but only 1 or 2 can be upped
b) Limit number of facs which can be placed in base (currently this only depends on how many base facs are left) to 2 ; as most people place them slightly outside of base, it would probably have to be "max 2 facs on your half of the map (half = draw a diagonal line across the map, or maybe do it with geometric distance, e.g. sqrt(xdist*xdist+ydist*ydist))

Or whatever else you can think of where it's still possible to get a bunch of (healing)facs and deploy them on the map.
Getting used to the Sand everywhere. At least it brings us map updates.
"You may get 3 facs but on 1 can be upped" : yes that's exactly the point. It's better this way than "1 fac for each player". Only 1 upgraded fac / player maximum.

About maximum number of facs in base, I think 3 is good : 1 for each lane + 1 mid.
I do not like this idea at all.

There are situation it might be interesting placing three spawning facs, e.g. if you control the lower half of the map, including mid cp you can place them all together closer to the enemy base and create much pressure forcing one or two enemies to defend this lane all the time.
Including with creep wave buffs and aura buffs it can be a hell to even fight just the pure mass of creeps.

I've won games due the enemy lacking to even keep attention to creeps.

But i agree that most of the time i see a player placing three spawning facs it's plain stupid, the always hit the food cap. Even with two facs you easily hit your cap.

Placing three facs even reduce your possibilities to capture an control point with a fac to port to or creating a foward "base" within the enemies one. But i still wouldn't like to see any further constrains for facs.
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HB factory income Icono 7 3,918 2009-11-01, 11:42:38
Last Post: IlPalazzo
  Some Additional Itemslots in Artillery Factory ? Gammagulp 2 2,070 2009-03-18, 23:52:39
Last Post: Morkardar
  Change Artillery Factory Model koshen 5 3,857 2009-03-18, 19:59:27
Last Post: Tom-Ace
  Spawning Factory ZergSpamNuke 9 4,284 2009-01-30, 23:49:53
Last Post: horselance
  factory units Tøken 3 2,305 2009-01-09, 22:57:51
Last Post: horselance