Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BTanks for Dota 2 !
Hey Guys,

your map is awesome. Back in my days of WcIII I played quite a lot BTanks-games. Despite the fact i got run over most of the times and mostly had no chance against more experienced players I always had a lot of fun.

With realease of Dota 2 (Dota is a MOBA Game-Mod, amusingly with some similarities to BTanks, and had its origins as custom map in WcIII) my time spent on Battle.net almost decreased to zero. Now with the currently running beta for Dota 2 Reborn the community has the opportunity to create custom maps in that game aswell. For my part i can not tell if the map designer is as powerful as the WcIII map editor, but there are a lot of WcIII custom maps remade for Dota 2 such as Tower Defense's, Tree Tag, Enfos, Escape maps, Slide maps, Pudge Wars, Uther's Party (now Omni Party) and many more.

What I want to say is... no, what I NEED to say is: What the world needs now is a well made Battle Tanks for Dota 2!!!

Please guys, i beg you to at least take a look into it and think about if it is possible (the only difficulty I see is the missing vehicle textures in Dota 2). I am sure I'm not the only one who would love to play exciting BTank matches with the Dota 2 game engine.

But no matter if you can support my request or not, the work you have done so far is great!

With best regards

Steve
+1
Tanks must be live !!!!
btanks NEEDS to be alive 

+1 

do it 
Dota 2 hammer tools are both more powerful and more complicated to use than wc3 editor (I work on mods in both). You can actually import wc3 models through a long process but its entirely doable.
(2015-07-27, 22:43:18)Guest Wrote: Dota 2 hammer tools are both more powerful and more complicated to use than wc3 editor (I work on mods in both). You can actually import wc3 models through a long process but its entirely doable.

Hi could you pm further about this idea.
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM
keep all copyright issues in mind when you're actually transfering models into another game.
Not yet totally dead, you can find the Team and possibly new and old Players on our new Discord Server. Join by this Instant Invite: https://discord.gg/FbbGbHj
(2015-08-03, 22:01:13)Saiyuki Wrote: keep all copyright issues in mind when you're actually transfering models into another game.

IndeedSmile 
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM
I would love this too. BTanks was my favourite thing in the world back when WC3 was big. Being able to play it again would be so awesome!

/rekoil
Yes! plz do it!
I remember the old time on battle net, Btanks is the 2nd popular map after dota
Battle ship is now in dota2 ! Why Btanks still not thereSad
Since battle ships is now in the most popular played dota 2 custom maps, the developers of the game could possibly share their code for a base of battle tanks since the two mods are basically the same.

But the thing is, i dont like battle ships. I find it boring. It's way more fun with tanks !

Anyway, this info can be useful if someone wants to start to actually start porting battle tanks. People liked battle ships. They will like battle tanks even more.
might wanna check this thread as well:
http://btanks.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=4653

nothing changed in regard of real life so far for us...
Not yet totally dead, you can find the Team and possibly new and old Players on our new Discord Server. Join by this Instant Invite: https://discord.gg/FbbGbHj
i'll waiting for new btanks
(2015-07-05, 18:59:08)omefisto Wrote: +1
Танки должны жить !!!!

я полностью согласен! (Дрон) +1

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.
[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BTanks Hosts Status?? mafrom2 2 3,299 2016-03-19, 14:33:48
Last Post: mafrom2
  BTanks dead? Coke 1 2,560 2012-01-25, 14:04:18
Last Post: Velocity2k
  btanks missile 1 2,992 2011-02-17, 03:49:59
Last Post: Saiyuki
  Btanks Ranking 8 6,203 2010-01-21, 20:15:14
Last Post: Guest