Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[8.66] A player kicks who have already left the game
All players can kick teammates with -kick # command. So simply if a player is under consideration to be removed (for example nr.6) he can type -kick 7, -kick 8, -kick 9 and -kick 10 so all these players will go to consideration to be removed or not after the player (nr.6) is removed. Of course you can type -no to every one of them but its just a bit annoying that a player who got kick or left the game still can kick. Is is possible that if a player who has already left the game then all hes -kick # commands will be disabled?
I'm not sure what you want to tell us. How can a player kick when he already left the game? Or do you mean a player types -kick x and leaves while the votekick is still ongoing?
Yeah I've seen this happen.

Before an angry player leaves, he decides to start a votekick against whomever he has a personal vendetta with. So when he does leave, people have to type -no against the vote which still stands.
in other words: it is a problem, that kickvotes start with 1:0 for kick (and that is enough then)
No Support via PM!!
So we just have to cancel an ongoing kickvote when the vote-initiator leavesWink.
Yeah you could do so. Or the other option could be if a player is already on consideration and then another player types -kick # then it just wont show up. Simply you have to wait before the last -kick # command expires and then you can kick someone else.
But then a player could defensively prevent himself from being kicked by constantly initiating a kick vote against someone else.
Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=291246
as far as i can remember there is a minimum time between kick votes. so as it stands right now, yes someone could constantly do kickvotes to keep from being kicked themselves. i think what the original poster is saying is that a person can queue up kickvotes and then leave and the kickvotes will continue. i dont think that works. it will prevent anyone from starting a kickvote if there is already a kickvote ongoing against one of their teamates or maybe was it if any kickvote was ongoing
benben10 Wrote:as far as i can remember there is a minimum time between kick votes. so as it stands right now, yes someone could constantly do kickvotes to keep from being kicked themselves. i think what the original poster is saying is that a person can queue up kickvotes and then leave and the kickvotes will continue. i dont think that works. it will prevent anyone from starting a kickvote if there is already a kickvote ongoing against one of their teamates or maybe was it if any kickvote was ongoing

Well if I am currect then a player can be kicked again after 1 minute but you can simply choose another player...it shouln't need time. But simply if a player stands in base and just types -kick # a bit before the last one expires, then hes kick vote as the last one will go into progress. So its possible that a player could do it all game. Would be really annoying...
fixed
~Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much~

Orbital Movement System Preview

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AFK player itembug Perfektionist 0 2,711 2012-11-01, 01:36:52
Last Post: Perfektionist
  me throws out at game start GAP 4 4,635 2012-03-26, 20:37:03
Last Post: GAP
  Check game Althend 1 2,593 2011-06-06, 20:41:37
Last Post: Tynkywinky
  Game Loading at Start phoenix_strike 2 2,722 2011-05-21, 12:03:24