Battle Tanks 9.07 (3.7 MiB, 90 downloads)
=========== General ===========
============ Tanks ============
- Light Tank
- Roots (Q): Fixed rooted model
- Offroad Engine (Q): Fixed offroad model
Battle Tanks 9.02 (1.8 MiB, 3152 downloads)
Battle Tanks 9.02 is compatible with the 1.29 patch for Warcraft 3 TFT. It is not compatible with older patches. The most recent version for older patches is Battle Tanks 9.00 which has most of the changes and bugfixes, but not all. You can find Battle Tanks 9.00 for earlier patches in our map archive.
- Added a new tank: Goblin Wrecker
- The Goblin Wrecker can grab opponents with his hook and drag them towards the Wrecker
- New Weapons
- Kinetic Shield nerfed
- Tank Changes
- New Tank Goblin Wrecker for 8500 gold. Can be bought at the market.
- Thunder-Tank => movespeed increased from 295 to 310
- Electro-Aura (Thunder-Tank) => Increased damage from 35/70/105/140/175 to 45/90/135/180/215
- Reworked Entangling Roots (Guard):
– Entangles only ground units for 1.5/2.0/2.5/3.0/3.5 seconds
– Damage 1000/1250/1500/1750/2000
– Air units take 150% damage
– Has a 0.5 sec delay
- Entangling Roots (Guard) => Reduced Mana-cost from 48/60/72/84/96 to 48/57/66/75/84
- Natural Energy (Guard) => Heals the Guard by 50% when uprooted (didnt heal before)
- Guard Natural Energy heals 5/10/15/20/25 % instead of 6/12/18/24/30 %
- Gravity Grenade (Hunter) => Stun/Channel-Duration decreased from 2.0/2.5/3.0/3.5/4.0 to 1.8/2.2/2.6/3.0/3.4
- Portal (Architect) => Does not teleport enemies anymore
- Pacifista (Architect)
– Pacifista has now a timed lifespan
– It expires after 40 seconds (had no expiration before)
– The spell cd still has 60 seconds cooldown
– Pacifista will explode upon expiration
– 10 seconds before the timeout, the pacifista gets a special effect (red color) which shows that the pacifista will expire soon
- Keep On Fighting (Titan) => Renamed into Power Armor- Is a normal ability on hotkey E now. (was the ultimate with hotkey R previously)
– The target effect is instant now (no target)
– All allied units in range get an armor bonus instead of invlunerability
- Devil Fire (Titan) => Renamed into Mark of the Titan
– Is the ultimate with hotkey R now. (was a normal ability on hotkey E previously)
– Creates explosions that deal damage to ground units
– Reduces the armor of enemies in the area of effect
- Ultimate-Pack (instant) => Reduced cost from 10000 to 9500 gold
- Ultimate-Pack Blueprint => Reduced cost from 1000 to 250 gold
- Kinetic Shield => Decreased Damage-Reduction-Bonus from 200 to 150 per force upgrade (weapons + armor)
- Kinetic Shield: Damage share mechanism was nerfed, depending on the amount of tanks under the shield.
- Changed Weapons: Fan of Knives, Rock Catapult, Soulstone, Frost Magic, Death Magic, Acid Cannon, Axe Launcher, Flak, Bombs, AA Gun, Supercell, Ice Cannon.
- New Weapons: Fire Torpedo, Darkness Spears, Plasma Ray, Poison Blaster, Battle Frenzy, Holy Light, Light Cannon, Void Cannon, Enchanted Bombarding, Reaper, Energy Blaster, Frost Arrows, Skull Cannon
- Weapon shop Monolith
- Added a new shop Beast Trader
- Added a new shop Knight Trader
- Moved Paladin Trader next to the Pandaren Trader
- Changed Weapon Toggle Speed from 1.5 to 0.5
- Added floating message for weapons that are out of mana (such as Holy Light (Heal) or Architect Tank Cannon)
- Troop Factory (Base) selling Mortar Team, Reinforcement, Maintenance, Recharge, Detector, Teleport Breaker now.
(Previously, it sold only Mortar Team and Reinforcement)
- Headquarters (Base) doesn’t sell Mortar Team and Reinforcement anymore
- Headquarters (Base): Changed the Aura-Creep-Upgrade position from X to R
- When a laser tower dies (built by a player), the laser-tower is on cooldown for 8 minutes (starting with the destruction of the tower and not the construction of the tower).
- Control Point Holder
– If a team controls all 6 CPs, their force-creeps gain initally 30% max hp, and every 5 min another 30% max HP
– This means: after holding all CPs for 5 minutes, the force-creeps gain 60% bonus-HP, and after 10 minutes they gain 90% and so on
– If the team loses a CP, the creep-buff gets removed
– While the team does not hold all CPs, they lose 1 buff (aka 30%) every 5 min until they get all CPs back
– With the command -tech you can check your current Control-Point-Holder bonus
– You can recognize the buffed creeps by their size – they are slightly bigger
– Only creeps spawned by the force (base) get buffed. This does NOT include creeps spawned by a player or a player-owned Troop-Fatory
- CP conquering timer bug fixed.
- Interaction of long range weapon with dead tanks fixed
as you problably noticed, it has been quiet around the development of Battle Tanks. The sad truth is, our time available for this project and our motivation to work on it are not what they used to be. So we were faced with a decision to make. Battle Tanks exists for almost as long as the Frozen Throne expansion of Warcraft 3 (which makes it almost 12 years old). So seeing it simply die is not worthy of the game.
So we decided the following:
We will make Battle Tanks Open Source
Ideally this would mean that everyone would contribute towards a new version by submitting his / her work to a central repository. The proprietary nature of the Warcraft map files makes this harder than I’d like. So for now, we will only make the map available for everyone, so you guys can see what the map looks like in its current form.
If anyone has questions or suggestions regarding this map feel free (and encouraged!) to voice them (Forum).
The aim – at this time – is to take the input of the community and maybe continue the development in a way that is feasible.
Of course, if someone wants to make a mod or use parts of the code for his own project, he / she is free to do so – it’s open source after all. But we would still like to get credit, if substantial parts of the map have been used (as you can see in the code itself).
Anyway, we hope the map helps some of you and maybe some of you help (the development of) the map.
Battle Tanks 8.80 (2.4 MiB, 5526 downloads)
The BT-Team wishes everyone a merry christmas and happy holidays!
Now, after showing you the open source version of Battle Tanks, I’ll show you what can be done with it.
A few months ago NarFlux asked me for an open source version, which I gave to him. He wanted to realize his own vision of the map, which apparently involved a lot of explosions. He didn’t include a changelog, but he had to say this about this mod:
The Tanks I’ve added are the Destroyer, the Ancient, and the Monolyth. All more end game Tanks. And the Towers don’t go down easy at all. Plus I added the little Plasma Towers that attack very slowly, and gave most of the Building little Long Range Attacks, or the Headquarters has the 10000 Damage attack with 1000 AoE ever 60 seconds. Then I went nuts with the Weapons, Armor Combinations, and Support Items.
If I make a list of all the changes I will send it to you…it would be quite long though.
It takes me at least 1 hour to 2 hours to play it, rushing with never happen.
He also acknowledged, that there are still some bugs in the map, but since this is more a show of concept, it shouldn’t bother anyone too much. So, take a look at it and tell us what you think about it! Who knows, maybe some of the changes will find their way into the main map 😉
Battle Tanks 8.63 Mod - B 1.8 (653.3 KiB, 3143 downloads)
it has been a long time ago now, when the last open source version of Battle Tanks had been released. It was the 7.55 version, the one I started with, when I took over the job as the BT mapper. This version is ancient now and also lost in the limbo. Since there have been some requests for newer versions, I handed those to the people that asked me for it. But I figured, I might as well make it public, so everyone that is interested can also see what BT looks like inside – or used to, to be more exact.
The version I intend to release to the public is the 8.63. It was the last version I was working on, before Paladon and Velocity2k started doing the job. This means, that it is still kind of old, but it’s way newer than the old 7.55 😉 Lots of things have changed since 8.63 has been released, but you can still find a lot of stuff that still is in BT to this day. There have been lots of code rewrites and optimizations in the mean time, so the map structure back then wasn’t as clear and efficient back then, as it is now.
The only thing that has been removed is the league code, but since it was for the old league anyway, this shouldn’t matter.
I hope some of you guys find this interesting and if you got questions regarding the map, just ask them!
Battle Tanks 8.63 Open Source (1.1 MiB, 1976 downloads)