Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[8.73] Radar isn't working
The best counter to smoke is skill. Just wait until he uses smoke and then hit him with an aoe spell.
(2011-07-12, 17:36:43)Prog Wrote: The best counter to smoke is skill. Just wait until he uses smoke and then hit him with an aoe spell.

yeah. rly..

such a comment from you?? ^^

smoke gen has less cooldown than ur aoe spell.. AND you wont hit him everytime cause a smoke user can be pro too...

i would like to see how u will never get problems with smoke by using ur divine skill only...
The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

StarCraft II: Aggi, Charcode: 110
steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198002344056
League of Legends: Agginator
It's not like you are fighting constantly in the game. Usually you don't even engage without your spells ready.
(2011-07-12, 17:56:50)Prog Wrote: It's not like you are fighting constantly in the game. Usually you don't even engage without your spells ready.

The problem is half of the skills that should reveal smoke machine users do not. I've already confirmed goblin shockwave, infernal chaos wave, and titan devil explosion not to hit smokemachine users even if they are within the spell's targetted radius. It seems like the so called "skill counter" doesn't work with the skills that are supposed to counter in the first place.
Yeah, that's because the skill these skills are based on, does not hit invisible units by default. This will be fixed in the next beta and with that, also in the next version.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
(2011-07-12, 22:35:41)Exodus Wrote: Yeah, that's because the skill these skills are based on, does not hit invisible units by default. This will be fixed in the next beta and with that, also in the next version.

Sounds good, I'm glad we're making progress Big Grin.
Also, if you find more skills, that won't reveal invisble units, report them too.
(2011-07-13, 00:08:55)Exodus Wrote: Also, if you find more skills, that won't reveal invisble units, report them too.

Frostbombs @ Smoke
I'm pretty sure that auto-targetting abilities like frost-bombs, light tank ulti, and infernal chaos rain aren't supposed to hit invisible units anyway (I know they don't right now), but its Exodus' call whether he makes them do so or not.
Well, the thing is, that all these abilities are based on the same ability: fan of knives

Goblin Ulti and Chaos wave etc, just use different graphics. So the only reason why those should reveal invisible units, is that it's more intuitive for the players that they do.
hm.. i don't think smoke is overpowered and if more and more abilities are able to counter it, it wouldn't make sense to buy it anymore. especially if some tanks have more than one ability to reveal them. and @ present time it's used rarely.

Yes, rarely used... and the few who do own every game now.
Took a look at this game:
http://league.btanks.net/game.php?gameid=18749
Do you see how player SIX is using Smoke?
And how to stop?

Attached Files
.w3g   Replay_2011_07_13_0202.w3g (Size: 2.58 MB / Downloads: 201)
are u kidding me???

ok.. well..
he played it very good but failed nearly the same amount when getting too close to enemies. it could be more effective, yes but he didn't got an excessive advantage out of it.
you just complain about good usage of it.

2nd: yes, some of you bought radar .. AND? it's not a bug to be able to dodge its range.

an one another funny thing... the most of you died in the same area around the upper mid cp!!! 3 detecs near it and he wouldn't have any chance.

it's YOUR (+teams) fault. i don't see any overpowered item.

additionally the ghost tank was his primary victim > no aoe, no radar, not using detecs >> overpowered smoke??? yeah.. rly..

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
it was player 7, right? ^^
what did u mean with:
SCHLEIFEN LASSEN MANN
SCHLEIFEN