Poll: Would you like to have a BTT2012?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I like BTT2012, and I want to join and play.
72.97%
27 72.97%
I don't want to play, but I'd like to watch the replayes, follow the games etc.
24.32%
9 24.32%
Not interested at all.
2.70%
1 2.70%
Total 37 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How about a 2nd BT tournament
Making a team of 1700 elo players would be kinda unfair ?Angel

Alex!!! Fire!!! Boobie!!! Come to me!!!! Big Grin
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
(2011-11-23, 17:29:47)Althend Wrote:
(2011-11-23, 17:14:44)olivercamel Wrote: If 4v4, we will allow max 5 players in a team. Only 1 people as backup.
Last time we allow 8, which turned out the number is too much, not everyone is active enough.
Also I don't want to give prize to someone who played just 1 game.

Angel

at least u played in the final althendHeartCool
Gustave Le Bon "... Die Einseitigkeit und Überschwänglichkeit der Gefühle der Massen bewahren sie vor Zweifel und Ungewissheit. Den Frauen gleich gehen sie sofort bis zum Äußersten. ...".
(2011-11-23, 18:32:28)LIoOoOoIL Wrote:
(2011-11-23, 17:29:47)Althend Wrote:
(2011-11-23, 17:14:44)olivercamel Wrote: If 4v4, we will allow max 5 players in a team. Only 1 people as backup.
Last time we allow 8, which turned out the number is too much, not everyone is active enough.
Also I don't want to give prize to someone who played just 1 game.

Angel

at least u played in the final althendHeartCool

I had to use this event to show guard fighter imbaness!!!

I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
I'm all for this. Though I am concerned that non-euro players such as myself will be under-represented and put at a disadvantage in terms of game scheduling (I don't want to play at 1am, do you?) and ping, but alas such is life.
(2011-11-25, 03:59:53)curryking1 Wrote: U will fear overpowered earthTongue
I am really looking forward BTT and will join too if i find a team!

we are working at a little nerf (depents the defence skill), lets see if we got new and working version till the btt starts.
Gustave Le Bon "... Die Einseitigkeit und Überschwänglichkeit der Gefühle der Massen bewahren sie vor Zweifel und Ungewissheit. Den Frauen gleich gehen sie sofort bis zum Äußersten. ...".
(2011-11-25, 08:12:09)UnifiedDoom Wrote: I'm all for this. Though I am concerned that non-euro players such as myself will be under-represented and put at a disadvantage in terms of game scheduling (I don't want to play at 1am, do you?) and ping, but alas such is life.

The BTT games will be arranged only at weekends (Saturday/Sunday). And the games can happen only between 8a.m. to 10p.m. This team is local time. It means:

If an EU team vs. a US team, the game time will be set at EU evening and US afternoon. Or EU afternoon and US morning.

If an EU team vs. an Asia team, the game time will be set at Asia evening and EU afternoon. Or Asia afternoon and US morning.

If a US team vs. an Asia team, the game time will be set at US evening and Asia afternoon etc.

We will try to make the game time always fall in 8am~10pm local time unless it is really not possible.
Make livestreams?Exclamation
(2011-11-25, 13:34:35)Allure Wrote: Make livestreams?Exclamation

livestreams would be too different to implement. But the replayes will be uploaded to the forum right after the games.

The referee in the game will make some comments as the game is going, which could preset more fun when watching the replay.

Some summary of the games will be posted in the forum to highlight the better games which are recommended to watch.

And because this time we will have only 1 referee per game, so there will be 1 slot open to ob for anyone who want to watch it live.
Livestreams (without commentary) are actually really easy to implement. Every player/referee can just stream his screen via twitch.tv/livestream.com/own3d.tv if he wants to (and doesn't lag the game).
(2011-11-25, 14:16:37)Prog Wrote: Livestreams (without commentary) are actually really easy to implement. Every player/referee can just stream his screen via twitch.tv/livestream.com/own3d.tv if he wants to (and doesn't lag the game).

Thanks for the info. But still it is hard to find a reliable observer who have enough bandwidth to publish the live signals. I am not sure my connection is fast enough. I don't want to risk to terminate games because of the ob lag.

Also I doubt how many people would be interested to watch it live. It makes not much differences to watch the replay ... (but I agree we shouldn't tell the game results in the replay uploading thread, but discuss the game results in other threads.)

If we really have the time to do something more, I'd rather try to make some short highlight videos for each game.
Maybe I have someone who can stream it, he sometimes stream LoL tooSmile
Sounds like fun, would like to join if i find a team. I am curently playing on account Lucis. So if there is a team short of members pm me would be glad to hop in.
After about a week voting, we get 19 + 4 people who is interested for a BTT. This is already more than last time voting for the 1st BTT.Smile Basically i think we should be able to collect enough team to join.

As you may noticed, the discussion board for BTT2012 is created. And Exodus has officially announced the BTT in a post. So it is for sure the BTT2012 will happen. We will try to make it again successful.

The next step will be making BTT rules. I will soon make a post to discuss practical issues.
(2011-11-23, 13:35:09)WannaMakeUSweat Wrote: Imho the next forthcoming BTT should be based on random teams with the drawing systems.
To prevent imbalanced teams should be done seedings according to 1-5 pool systems is done in many team sport competitions
It is working on definite rankings then we will use the league ELO ranking

For now there are a few overpowered clans which would be so hard to face them.
Some people like me would be supposed to ask random guys to arrange team then its gonna be fast defeat from tour.

I'm betting some of you will disapprove my solution but it's just a suggestionSmile What do you think about itBig Grin?

Would be possible if league only contains 1acc's .... but as we all know ! only a few got only 1 acc ! which make this random balance even much more unbalanced than creating teams by yourself ^^ just watch out in league find some good gamer and take them to the tournament

4on4 would be best teamnumber ^^

Multiacc will get u better Teammates maybe, but u still unskilled as before. !!
True Story
I guess btt2012 is not enough advertised for single players playing in league . For this reason would be hard to get 16 teams.
There should be an announcement when you are joining a ranked game.Most league players arent visiting in forum if they have no clan or team
loading screen.
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
loading screen isnt describing an opportunity for single players to participate in tour that was my intention of this postSmile
Ah, i see. Yes, single players could need some extra attention. There has to be some of them which need to team up in some wayBig Grin
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
(2011-12-31, 11:28:53)WannaMakeUSweat Wrote: I guess btt2012 is not enough advertised for single players playing in league . For this reason would be hard to get 16 teams.
There should be an announcement when you are joining a ranked game.Most league players arent visiting in forum if they have no clan or team

WannaMakeUSweat Wrote:loading screen isnt describing an opportunity for single players to participate in tour that was my intention of this post

I don't know how you get the feeling that BTT is not welcome for single players. It was never like that. Well, indeed you need a team to join the tournament, but i don't think making a 4 member team is too hard.

We already announced the BT tournament event in the loading screen of the BT game. And the info says for more information please visit the BT forum. If you come to the forum there is a post "looking for a team or member" for helping people to team up. If someone is really interested in the tournament, I think they should be able to participate without too much difficulty.

I am not very sure your suggestion "There should be an announcement when you are joining a ranked game." Did you mean before the game starts, when sitting in the slots, the bot should print the info?

Also if you have better idea to advertise better the tournament, it is welcome for all suggestions.

For now we have 6 registered teams, I believe there will be more team later. But i am also not confident we will have 16 teams at the end. But we will start the tournament anyway no matter how many teams.
10 seconds pause screen with some nice graphic annoucment during tanks choosing at start?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  We need to organize 1v1 TOURNAMENT RAF_Fenix 0 3,362 2014-04-27, 01:17:29
Last Post: RAF_Fenix
  Battle Tanks Tournament 2012! Exodus 6 8,542 2012-08-31, 13:19:01
Last Post: LIoOoOoIL
  ban and tournament Grana 2 3,012 2012-01-31, 18:07:43
Last Post: olivercamel