Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Builds for normal mode
Hello all. Im new here although not to btanks.

Most of the time i play normal (3k start).

Couple builds: (I random at the start because I can use all the starting tanks fairly well) Randoming a tank is useful because it gives 5% extra gold (basically tp money)
These are the builds i would recommend for each tank. For all tanks you should get passive tank cannon as first skill.

Scout: bombard (not very good for farming)
w8 for electro cannon (good dmg and outranges all starting weps except the 1300range)
multi bow, molotov (personally i believe this is the best scout start)

Light tank: fan of knives (good dps although shorter range than other weps)
fireball cannon (good dps although i dont usually use this)
tornado magic (most hits will kill creeps. a lot of instant dmg so good to scare enemy tanks)
2 basic magic (very useful as it out ranges most other starting weps)

Heli (1 of the best starting tanks. has the stun rocket as well as the first skill which stuns ground.):
light plasma (fairly good for farming as it has 2 projectiles)
basic cannon (alright for farming as most hits will kill the creeps. good against tanks as it does quite a lot of dmg in 1 hit.

Antigrav: multi bow upgraded (great for farming because its creep only. good if u rush thunder tank with this)
bonfire stack (great dmg at the start. good with antigravs jump stun)
grenade launcher (fairly useful weapon. a lot of ppl change it to air only - not recommended as u cant farm creeps)

Medivac: multi bow (good for farming - creep only. no stun so u have to play quite defensive)
star shooter (good against ground as u can change it to ground only. )
molotov (not the best of weps but quite useful once stacked)

Demolisher (good against ground should get mines early. most ppl get wave - good for rushing creeps. artillery is very useful against ground say tinker with 200hp or dmged tanks. stun and quite a lotta dmg):
multi bow (good for farming) i normally get another multi bow then rush thunder then upgrade the bows. this is good as demo is very strong at the start and can get many kills with mines and artillery
alone. and thunder tank can get many kills by seeking the opportunities with stun and the thunder aura.
basic magic (i dont usually do this as its not great for farming although its cheap so u can stack them early)

Tinker: just gay. bad for farming. most ppl get energy torps or maybe electro cannon. not recommended as u will die easily. (tip: tp away if sum1 uses artillery or stun rocket and u will dodge the attack)
iron hull + multi bow. i guess its alright for farming
iron hull + grenade launcher (not 2 bad either)
mines (a lotta kills against noobs although pros or proer ppl will get detectors or may waste money on radar early)
Tinker start overall is not very good. once u change tanks the towers are all destroyed.

Exploder: explosives are the obvious one.

Gob shredder: stupid to get this from the start as u cant farm. although u wont die unless ur really shit. good idea to get cheap SHORT range weps to farm up quickly. eg bonfire or multibow

With most of the tanks mentioned except the last 3 i rush thunder as it is very good (strong, instant stun, good for farming with aura. i do not recommend the storm thing)
I agree most of that, except the part about tinker.

Tinker is a great starter on normal mode. The important part is tower placement. It needs to be far enough back that you can build 4 or 5 together before they're pushing you back. You need good allied cover, then your allies need to help other lanes so the creeps get in range of your towers.

Tinker is rarely good late game.

- Rob
Former Chieftain of Clan toaf on US EAST  *Retired*

Just playing for the fun of it now.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  good builds weakDarkness 4 6,803 2011-09-21, 15:21:22
Last Post: bt_brother
  3k Builds CrazeX 4 6,804 2011-04-26, 05:12:34
Last Post: CrazeX
  5k builds Lezowski 16 13,229 2009-10-30, 22:39:23
Last Post: Lezowski