Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5k builds
The last thread had a questionable start and did not end up well. The purpose of this one is to detail all the starts in 5k hb that have the most potential, feel free to post your starts and if they are good I will put them in the template. Please don't come in saying bullshit about this mode, a lot of us play it and enjoy it.

Tinker
[Image: tankbg6.jpg]

Scout
[Image: file.php?id=602]
Electro Cannon and Hull
With the nerfing of tank cannon to 1050 range, this start has become more conventional. Scout lacks the skills or raw power to take down tanks normally, so you want to have long range. Alternatively, you could wait a little bit for swarm rockets if you are going mid. They creep better, but aren't as powerful at killing tanks. Electro cannon is for sides where the Scout can function just as well.

Light Tank
[Image: tankbg2.jpg]

Helicopter
[Image: tankbg14.jpg]
Electro Cannon and Light Hull
This is a very safe start that anyone can use. Helicopter is one of the best tanks and electro cannon has long range and still packs a punch.
The light hull is there to guarantee you don't feed.

Basic Magic and Tornado Summoner
Basic Magic is a balanced, and very good weapon that helps you get an edge on those creeps.
Tornado Summoner is a heavy hitter that take out creeps one at a time, and will leave the enemies shaking in fear when they are hit.

Plasma waves
This is a risky start with the Helicopter, but it provides you the ability to pack a punch with relatively high dps and short range.
However, you might end up feeding if you're not careful with this strategy. If the enemy team is unaware you can take a CP quite quickly at start.

Anti Grav
[Image: tankbg11.jpg]
Short Range
Anti Grav is the premiere short range starter in 5k hb because the numerous kills it nets are worth twice as much gold. You can use either bonfires or ice cannon, I prefer bonfires since they creep better.

The basic strategy is clear away creeps and then try to get the jump on the enemy tanks. Anti Grav's excellent stun and ultimate help him preform these tasks even better. Your primary targets are anyone who has more range then you, but you should still be wary of them. In the hands of a good player, long range can snipe you behind creeps. Good thing you have jump.

Medivac 2.0
[Image: file.php?id=624]

Demolisher
[Image: tankbg4.jpg]

Goblin Shredder

[Image: tankbg10.jpg]

Thunder Tank
[Image: file.php?id=606]
Bonfire
Lightning tanks huge bulk and the power of short range weapons make this combination work. Shock aura synergizes with short range weapons and will help you creep. Also, the bonfire is the closest weapon you can afford with Thunder Tank's 4000 gold price tag.

Once you get Lightning Strike, you can start going on the offensive. Stun them and get up close for the kill, preferably when they are in the open.

XP update
Lightning tank can tank a lot of damage, and if you buy a xp update, you get quickly at lv4 and you can skill both electro aura and tank cannon to lv2 which gives to better creeping power and if you play well, you quickly get weapons eventually and your creeping strategy pays off. However this is kinda risky if you don't know how to play this well.
Going long range in mid takes no skill, so stop telling yourselves otherwise.
what about the trader tank?

Trader + tinker + heli combo in the mid can add up to some serious cash if not dealt with fast.
it's high risk -> high reward

In hb, It's not just bounty that is doubled.

Edit: I assume you are talking about lvl 1 tanks/creeps (with no other options)for the purpose of this thread?
Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=291246
GooglyBoogly Wrote:what about the trader tank?

Trader + tinker + heli combo in the mid can add up to some serious cash if not dealt with fast.
it's high risk -> high reward

In hb, It's not just bounty that is doubled.

Edit: I assume you are talking about lvl 1 tanks/creeps (with no other options)for the purpose of this thread?

The same reason I didn't add exploder and guard. They can only do one thing and don't need any specific mentioning. Sure, you can do some wierd weapon strat with exploder, but it isn't it's full potential. Airship and Ghost Tank are obviously excluded because they can't do anything well and should not be picked.
I have recently been using an antigrav with 3 bonfires to start, along with a tech mech. The tech mech can go and pick up my items which allows me to not need to be near the outside shop that sells bonfires.
i prefer starting with heli, iron hull and fireball canon, togther either with the tank canon (mid) or the rocket (outer). ( costs: 4450g )
safe start with good firerate and damage and still 475g ( after tp ) for further use.
Not yet totally dead, you can find the Team and possibly new and old Players on our new Discord Server. Join by this Instant Invite: https://discord.gg/FbbGbHj
Althend Wrote:
BENNIE.FM Wrote:who cares its hb anything can happen in this stupid mode :lol:

Hahahah so true. :p

+1 ;D

if you want a fast game, play rush... hb sucks!
No Support via PM!!
Rush is really imbalanced as well, just get ghost+advanced troop and you'll seeWink
Prog Wrote:Rush is really imbalanced as well, just get ghost+advanced troop and you'll seeWink

Wouldn't Ghost/Teleporter/Troop Command be better? You'll be able to TP and box your enemy with your troops.
Starcraft II
PandaBearGuy.614
The point was just that to spawn any type of creeps is imbalanced in rush due to the gold/upgrade ratio. Of course you can add other items like a teleporter.
topic cleaned.
No Support via PM!!
this post shoudl stay here, my fault:
Quote:Hahaha, 5 posts in before the "HB sucks!" crew arrived - that's a record! :lol:

Here are a few things you need to consider when you play HB:
1. You get money at twice the rate from killing, therefore creeping is essential.
If you don't have enough DPS on your tank and/or enough AoE abilities to farm you'll fall behind in gold farming. NEVER go out without a weapon or you'll never keep up with your enemies, even if you're ahead in tank kills... A multibow is a good idea if you're buying a more expensive tank. You should aim for about 200-300 DPS with your weapons/abilities at the start of the game.

2. You get XP at twice the rate from killing, therefore a better tank becomes more useful earlier in the game especially as players hit level +10.
If you're going to get a Tinker, Helicopter, Light Tank, Demolishers or Scout you'll benefit if you save up for a higher tier tank after you've bought about 200-400 DPS in weapons and possibly a hull of some sort. Anti-Grav, Medievacs, Goblin Shredders, and Thunder Tank's abilities are good enough to pull over until the late-mid game.

3. Creeps upgrade at the same rate as normal, therefore buying a troop command, factory, and tower is essentially useless in HB.
Weapons and tank abilities are better than troops, because team weapon/armor upgrades don't scale with high bounty - so don't even bother... Only use a barricade if you need a block of HP to save yourself.

4. If your teammate sucks, you better hope the other side sucks more...
Tip #1-3 won't mean anything when said teammate hands over 9,000 gold to the other team in less than 10 minutes. If that happens, make sure you "BAWWW!" and "BAWWW!" some more until the other team kicks your teammate who went Tinker/Ice Cannon, Scout/Machine Gun, Antigrav/Explosives, Light Tank/4 XP Updates. If you're "that guy" ... Just leave.
No Support via PM!!
To Saiyuki: I don't think your fireball start is any better than electro cannon. That 500 extra gold isn't doing anything for you at start, and hb is all about having the most dps possible.
psycho_dmr Wrote:this post shoudl stay here, my fault:

np, my first bit of the post was a bit trollish...

Lezowski Wrote:To Saiyuki: I don't think your fireball start is any better than electro cannon. That 500 extra gold isn't doing anything for you at start, and hb is all about having the most dps possible.

That depends, if you're going to transition your weaponry into shorter ranged weapons you might want to start off with a fireball instead of an Electro Cannon. Since the Fireball has 100 less range, that means it has proportionally more DPS... Not too much, but it's worth it in some cases - and since you only need 200 gold to upgrade, the 500 gold won't be idling for that long (maybe 2-3 creep waves at most).
Starcraft II
PandaBearGuy.614
lol its not the small dps difference that really matter its how you use your tank and your skill level !!
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM
BENNIE.FM Wrote:lol its not the small dps difference that really matter its how you use your tank and your skill level !!

Ha! I don't care if it's 1 DPS, if I can pinch it out of my build I'll take it! ... That'll be one more DPS that'll cover my nubness.
Starcraft II
PandaBearGuy.614
[/quote]That depends, if you're going to transition your weaponry into shorter ranged weapons you might want to start off with a fireball instead of an Electro Cannon. Since the Fireball has 100 less range, that means it has proportionally more DPS... Not too much, but it's worth it in some cases - and since you only need 200 gold to upgrade, the 500 gold won't be idling for that long (maybe 2-3 creep waves at most).[/quote]

Remember this is Helicopter we are talking about... that 100 range really helps. Not to mention that extra gold will just pile up, unlike what you said. That's because you do not want to upgrade unless you are at low health or just recently died, because you lose a lot of creeping time by upgrading.
Remember this is Helicopter we are talking about... that 100 range really helps. Not to mention that extra gold will just pile up, unlike what you said. That's because you do not want to upgrade unless you are at low health or just recently died, because you lose a lot of creeping time by upgrading.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  good builds weakDarkness 4 6,803 2011-09-21, 15:21:22
Last Post: bt_brother
  3k Builds CrazeX 4 6,804 2011-04-26, 05:12:34
Last Post: CrazeX
  Builds for normal mode Sup3rNovA 1 5,297 2009-10-06, 16:47:06
Last Post: GEN_Schwarzkopf